Saturday, July 21, 2018

Little Kitchen Project

I've been traveling in TX for almost 2 full weeks now, so I just brought some little hand sewing projects to work on during my down time. So far, my friend and I have ventured through Dallas (where she lives) quite a bit, San Antonio, Fort Worth, Waco, and Austin. A few staples spots included The Alamo, San Antonio riverwalk, Magnolia Market, Ft. Worth Stockyards and Water Gardens, just to name a few. I also consumed a sinful amount of Braum's ice cream. Here's a picture of that joyful experience.


This little project was started in the spring when I decided to finally do something with the fabric, but didn't have enough to really cut it into substantial pieces. So, I decided to make some tea towels out of it, especially since the pattern has a French café theme on it (macarons, coffee pots, French days of the week, etc). I just threw a blanket stitch all around the edges, one in blue and one in brown. It was good practice for hand sewing, especially since mine is uneven from lack of experience.



The fabric was designed by Atelier Akiko and is a Japanese cotton print.



Since I do always keep an eye out for fabric, I found one in a drugstore that had a quilting section. Got one with blue bonnets, of course!


Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment