Sunday, July 28, 2013

Doves and Denim: Part 2

Home from church on a abnormally cool summer day in MS(really. Today's high is a mere 80 degrees; usually its well above 95 by the end of July) and time for an update. As prelude to a trip to Memphis, I stopped at my grandparents' house again on Thursday, and finished the dress and my apron. The ribbon was obtained, we found two little white buttons to sit at the top of the neckline, and it was hemmed; my hem was actually very smooth this time--progress! Something my grandmother shared that her mother told her about getting frustrated about having to do something over again "do and redo, it's still working." Even if your doing it for the nth time, you're still improving it and moving forward.
An earlier pic of the very simple pattern

I leave for 30 seconds and they invade...


 The great search for buttons and the gros grains ribbon






 Stitched the ribbon onto the back first

Then stitch to the front with a gap to tie the bow





 Voila! dress


And to think this is what it started as...


Some Elvis!





Memphis was great; I strolled down Beale, visited Graceland, hopped aboard the trolley, enjoyed a very much needed family reunion, and was reminded of how much the little things in life can make you smile. By the way, this place is splendid >

No comments:

Post a Comment