Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mastering the Miette

Upon the arrival of my new sewing machine, I had a moment of sewing frenzy. My spontaneous project of choice: The Miette Skirt by Tilly and the Buttons, a wrap around skirt and a pleasant beginner pattern; directions were uber easy to follow. I printed it out Friday evening, worked it out on Saturday in about 7 hours total. The fabric is one probably older than I am, but is a vibrant emerald with some black pinstripe-ish print. There were some dye imperfections, but it added character. I also got to beam with pride as I wore it at the morning church service and my brother's birthday party this afternoon :)

Piecing the print out together

 Stitching the front panels together

 action shot! courtesy of my sister...


preparing the waistband 

 Realized that chalk is a necessity - and I learned how to make a button hole

 Side hem

 "new" machine in action! I have yet to name it.

Finished!






and to wrap it up....

The lipstick color I'm recently obsessed with (on the left): French Martini










1 comment: