Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Little Foxes


In lieu of the Thanksgiving and Christmas season, I'm making a few felt fox cup cozies for goody bags. Unlike Bette Davis in The Little Foxes, mine are considerably less conniving. I'm tempted to keep them for myself.  I recently signed up for a subscription to Lia Griffith, and this is one the patterns/crafts I really loved. There are some bear cozies as well if you're interested in that sort of thing. I also work at Starbucks, so I used my employee discount to buy some reusable coffee cups to put them on the bag.  Not sure if that's thrifty or cheap!😂


I had to learn how to do a blanket stitch since most of the project is bound together that way. Really easy after my trial fox (whose pattern I also printed at 70% scale instead of 100%, so he was a bit of a runt), took any where from an hour and a half to 2 hours for each, and that is mostly due to the blanket stitching. My second one was a little bigger, so it slid up the cup and gave a good gauge of how tightly they should be sewn. Loved them and would use the pattern again. I'm thinking of making a panda bear pattern from this.



Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment