Sunday, May 18, 2014

Chevron Skirts and Unexpected Blessings

So, my next project is another wrap skirt (I love them so) with a lovely blue and white chevron cotton. This is funny that I should be doing something so soon again, seeing as I thought I was going to have an internship (or at least a response for the other  jobs I applied for...), but, alas, those won't be happening. I have acquired the start of a collection of part-time "jobs", like tutoring algebra to some students and possibly some volunteer work.

Anyway, the skirt. I followed this tutorial >>Patternless Wrap Skirt<< by Little & Trivial. It was really easy to follow, but she warns that its hard to use a 44" wide piece as opposed to 60"to make a floor length skirt. What she really means is that its impossible unless you want to do it with panels. I tried (after much rearranging) and it ended up being about mid-calf, but I still really liked it.

I also changed the waistband a bit. I cut it into three even segments and left a hole that I stitched around to make a button hole, very much like the Miette Skirt.

Pinning measurements in place

The result

I also let mine tie at the front instead of the side.

Other than this, job searching, sleeping, and experimental cooking, I'm working a graduation goodie for my sister, whatever that may end up being...
The unexpected blessing part of this post would be that of a tutoring job, which will allow me to check out my teaching skills (do I have any?) and working with kids, which I have never had profuse amount of skill/natural tendencies in. Another would be friendships that I have half-heartedly looked at for years (for various reasons), and how they may happen, which is great and it shows me that even though I can't always pull through, Providence will always make it so, teaching me to care for people, however different we may be; making room in my heart to want to know them and their stories. Always beautiful evidence of daily grace. *Shrugs* Food for thought.

Here's some fantastic/crazy good music to part with:

No comments:

Post a Comment