Saturday, May 10, 2014

DIY Esme Coin Purse


Ooohhh...two posts in one day. It's been a successful day! After my brother's piano recital, I did get my room somewhat clean after moving my stuff back in, and got busy on those floral flannel coin purses. They were quite easy, and I'm setting them aside for Christmas goodie bags my mother does for the ladies in the family and a few friends. These are based off of what The Hem of His Garment did; I just added "Esme" because of my organization on my laptop. A lovely tutorial (hers) and I have several more to go, but here is a peek.
Size is really flexible for these guys, so I just used what I thought I would find handy.
Things You Will Need
-Main Fabric
-Lining Fabric
-Scissors
-Marker/Chalk
-Measuring Tape
- Buttons
-Optional (you don't have to do button-holes, I just prefer them.): Elastic or cord to make a loop to receive the button.

I chose some bright flannels out of the clearance section long  ago....
Layered them so that I could cut all at once and measured approx. 14.5x5.5 in



For lining I chose some canvas/ thick cotton
Right sides together, I stitched it all around except 1.5 in on the side to turn it back out.
the 1.5 in 



Turn right side out, stitch the front to the back at sides at desired depth, Cut the button hole, and do button hole stitch (I did by hand)




Tada!
And another I made
Now go enjoy some JJ after that hard work. Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment