Saturday, September 29, 2018

The Setting of Summer

It has been a thoroughly adventurous and thought-provoking summer for me, brought on especially by travel and visiting friends. To seal the end of a most formative season, I've made two last summery dresses, one for me and one for a friend, before it gets too chilly to wear them. The yellow is bright and vibrant like my adventures in July and Aug, and  the deep magenta in the first carries over into the second, more subdued dress, much like my summer experiences have ignited a likely change to come in the next year; however gradual, the final product will likely be significant.
Other than that, I think these fabrics are really stinkin' cute!

I used the Bantam Dress pattern again from the Merchant & Mills Workbook.
Yellow: Used hem tape for binding. Otherwise, very simple.
Cherry: Used gray bias tape on outside of arm and neck holes. Added a green stem stitch around the neckline.
Both: Shortened length by 10 cm.




_________












 
Made as skirt for her as well that was loosely based on the Merchant and Mills Saltmarsh skirt.



There was a little green stem stitch at the along the hem of this one.



Happy Sewing!

2 comments: