Saturday, September 29, 2018

A Southern Belle in New Hampshire's Mountains

(Don't miss the CT Yankee in King Arthur's Court reference there...) Following my trek to TX, I decided to head up north to New Hampshire. It was a great time as well, full of sightseeing and catching up. We drove through the White Mountains, visited the Vanderbilt  mansions in Newport, RI, ate at Pickety Place (the house that inspired the Golden Books' art in Little Red Riding Hood), and watched a number of great period dramas. 10/10 would go back again! Great people and places 😆




I managed to find a nice fabric shop in the town of Exeter. These are my finds; very natural in theme -- the darker one reminds me of the surface of water. I'm sure I'll make a dress of the floral linen, but I am still deciding about the other. I tried to pick fabrics that reminded me of my memorable 2 weeks in NH. 



Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment