Friday, May 1, 2020

Simplicity 8230

It has definitely been a while and lots has happened!
While we're all under quarantine, I've had some extra time to start wedding planning. That's right, I'm engaged. We're pretty excited for what lies ahead. ๐Ÿ’• My "something borrowed, something blue" is pretty much my mom's wedding planner for guidance. ๐Ÿ˜†



I'm still tutoring online, but school is out for the year for the local school district, which gives me a little bit of a break and time to catch up on hobby and home projects... and wedding planning and getting a head start on putting together our future house. 



One of those projects I've caught up on is Simplicity 8230 by Dottie Angel.  I worked on this apron dress over two days, but if I had not handsewn the binding, I think I could have had it done in 2-3 hours. The apron ties can be tied at the front or back. I prefer the back. As I said already, I hand-sewed the hem, armhole, and neck binding for a clean and finer finish. I also think that hand-sewing it (especially with seam binding) let it fall in a more flattering way on me. I also shortened the overall length by 2.5 in. I made it in a heavier linen that a friend picked up for me just because it reminded her of me  (can you feel the love?๐Ÿ˜„) I also just remembered that I finished this right in time for Me Made May. ๐ŸŽ‰




#derpface


All in all, an easy and satisfying project. If I could change anything next time around, I would shorten the dress at the natural waist and not the hem. However, it's another good one in the books. 
Happy Sewing  (and don't forget to wash your hands!๐Ÿงผ)!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment