Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Bunch of Little Things

Well, before I head out to Thailand for 3 weeks here are some wonderful things. My sewing has ceased and projects have been put on pause so I can prepare to leave, and then actually leave. It's going to be wonderful!
This book >>>>http://www.japanesesewingbooks.com/2014/06/24/book-review-clean-and-natural/
I think I might look into this after One Piece is the Best. I find a lot of things I like at Japanese Sewing Books, which is where I found One Piece. But then again, maybe I should look into some dresses with more structure, step up the challenge.




















The Sewing Boutique - I found a sewing store in Vicksburg! It mainly focuses on quilting and children's clothing, but there was plenty of sewing supplies to marvel at (and for good prices) and classes offered. I did buy some thread and mother of pearl buttons.
http://www.thesewingboutiqueshop.com/

I made a dish-towel apron for one of my dad's co-workers. I'll also be making one for my dad (in a different pattern when I get back. Another project in the works is a laptop bag for my sister.

The Thailand project was completed, and my handmade closet is packed and ready to go! This includes the peacock feather dress (with a black waist tie), the black floral dress, the green fan dress with slits, the Zinnia pants, the label dress, and the butterfly dress. Of course I have some other items to finish out a week, but there will be a good bit of washing. I've even packed my little sewing bag (pins, needles, some thread, measuring tape, etc.) into my suitcase.
Although I'm going for career exploration, I did find this post that piqued my attention. >>Seamstress Erin's Chiang Mai fabric shopping It looks promising!

pc:SeamstressErin












I also spent a large chunk of this afternoon organizing my sewing area, and have collected a scrap stash. It's inevitable.
I'll be updating when I get back! (maybe before if I have lengthy access to a computer)


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment