Thursday, July 9, 2015

Dress "m"

Another dress has been made. It was very easy, and took just over 3 hours. This one does actually have a tent vibe about it, and it looks alright left as is, but I put a little belt around the waist to satisfy myself. The only details were the front and back yokes, sleeve binding, and some tucks(which I did not do because it would have made the sleeves too tight. I plan on making one of these again when I get back from Thailand. There's only one piece of clothing left to go for Thailand, and its currently a work in progress (it has butterflies on it !).
Also, did you know that Agatha Christie wrote a mystery that takes place in Egypt in 2000 BC? It's titled Death Comes as the End.  I listened to the audio book, and am now reading the actual book because I loved it so much.
I also bought some shoes this past weekend to go with these lovely dresses during their debut in Thailand. I found them at Cathy Jean at the Birmingham Galleria for only $20 (Thanks to my mom for spotting them.)>>Cathy Jean Sandals Link. They're ridiculously comfortable.
 So. Here it is.

The cathy jean shoes, if you didn't click the link.
 The front (with the handy-dandy belt)
The back.
 The sleeve binding.
front yoke
 a la tent.

















The book's example, which is, of course, adorable.

P.S. I finished Atlas Shrugged!! A personal accomplishment.
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment