Friday, July 10, 2015

Kamikaze Butterflies

Yesterday evening I finished this up, and it had been quite the unexpected trial. I messed up on pocket interiors with french seams. The original sleeves were way too small (I tried to adjust them and failed miserably), and I eventually took them out completely. I did the topstitching on the facing along the neckline multiple times, and still couldn't get a nice, straight seam along the intended-to-be-square neckline (no pictures of that stuff). I even cut the top of the dress out upside down (hence the name Kamikaze Butterflies, as they "flew" downward), and had to recut. (Where was my head? Obviously not on my shoulders.) Oh well. I suppose we all have those days. 
The fabric, though, is why I pushed on to some sort of finished, and I rather like it. The pockets were higher than I thought they would fall, but they will be handy. There are some small darts on the bust to give a little shape.

The front. (Notice the new shoes :))
The back.
 Pockets!





























It was inevitable while making this to not be reminded of A Bug's Life...


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment