Saturday, November 3, 2018

The 50 States: Texas -- Bluebonnet Apron Blouse


State #1 for my 50 States Collection!

Getty Images

A few images that come to mind when I think of quintessential southern culture is homemade biscuits and retro aprons, both of which were in abundance at my grandparents' home, which is where I spent a large amount of my childhood. Consequently, I made an apron blouse from my bluebonnet and Indian paintbrush fabric to represent my time in TX. While in TX, I certainly got a slightly different little dose of southern life with some strictly Texan streaks (SanAntonio, Rangers Game, Braum's, Bonnie's Grave etc.) I found my design inspiration on Pinterest, a blouse designed by The Thread.
Their version:









They include ties, but since I am already using a bright red binding, I decided to use some pearly white buttons and loops. Otherwise I thought it might look just a tad too childish. The one change I would make otherwise is the width; my neckline gapes a little and the shoulders stick up every now and then because it's too much fabric. It's comfortable and its brightness is a lovely reminder of my trip with my friend; a joyful experience full of laughter and the lightheartedness of sunny summer days!





Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment